Chinese Style Fried Rice
Chinese Fried Rice
- Cooked Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Pork
- 1-2 egg, lightly beaten, 3 drops sesame oil and soy
- 4 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups Chicken stock + ½ teaspoon Greek One Spice
- 1 TBSP butter spread (equal amounts oil & butter)
Fried rice: Use leftover rice or cook rice by melting butter on medium, add rice evenly. When rice starts to turn white and smell with fragrant, add liquid cover lower heat to medium low for 20 minutes. When done fluff with fork to cool.
Stir Fry: Cook onions in wok or large frying pan in oil until tender slightly golden (8-10 minutes) remove from wok.
Make omelet: Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces, add egg mixture; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
Cook vegetables: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok; cook carrots, long enough to warm through but still crunchy. Add peas, bean sprouts cooked meat, stir fry for 3 minutes. Add cooked onions and rice mix well. Finish by adding fresh sliced green onions, chopped eggs, 2 tablespoon of light soy stir fry for 1 minute more before serving.